Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tying Up Loose Ends

I Love Natalie Dee (http://www.nataliedee.com/)

On a more sewing-y note, I have decided to send out my Postage Stamp Quilt to a long arm quilter that I have been stalking here in my home city (I'm pretty excited to see what she comes up with!). I am really excited to see what kind of custom quilting she can do because I still need to get my Mariner's Compass quilted!!!


This is the only photo of this quilt top that I have right now. It was also the first time that I had ever used anything batik-y. I fell in love with the Fossil Fern collection. BEAUTIFUL fabrics.


I was also playing around, I keep seeing super cute little 'mug rugs' on Flickr and all the gals with the lovely quilting blogs are all about them. I figured if they can do it, so can I!! So I tried. I started with two, I figured one for my mom and one for me. That way if I mess one up ROYALLY, I can still send mom the good one. Well, they both turned out darling. :) I'll have to post pictures tomorrow. Be forewarned, they are incredibly girly. Lots of pink and lots of my stash getting used up (not enough, but it's a start).

I still have to finish quilting my very first quilt-a-long quilt with Fat Quarterly ..... I hope to get to that later tonight AND THEN I will be working on another QUILT ALONG! Cherry House Quilts is posting a quilt-a-long and it is made completely with solids. Something that I have never done, but am completely intrigued with! I made the commitment at the beginning of the year to use up at least half of my stash by year's end. I do not have very many solids (this is a new and exciting thing for me), so I am going to use a large print for the background and smaller prints as my dotted lines. I'll have pictures for that tomorrow **finger's crossed**.


No comments:

Post a Comment