Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Step 1: Socken Quilt Progress



I love this quote. I love this script. I love the colors. I think I am completely in love with this little print.

Nothing really to report on the running front: 3 miles this week.
As far as quilting, I have finished step #1 of the Socken Quilt. I sewed together (in color-coordinated strips) all my teensy-tiny 1.5 x 1.5 inch squares! This quilt is much, much smaller in comparison to the ginormous Postage Stamp Quilt (60 x 80 inches) that I just finished up, so there is a small part of me wondering how it would look if it were a little bit bigger..... I think I'll just focus on the pattern at first - the way it is SUPPOSED to be done, and then I can play around with it :)

Here are my strips (I am opting to do 5 instead of 4 in order to get a rainbow effect (kinda). I haven't ironed them either AND it's dark here.... I'll try to get some prettier pictures this weekend and maybe even speed forward to the next step!!

No comments:

Post a Comment