Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lawn Chair Quilt Progress

Been raining all day in Phoenix!!! Smells good :)

So I guess I should come clean. My name is Michonne and I really like Moda Bake Shop. I love that normal people make their patterns. I love that they have the directions right on their website, they make complete sense(!), and I LOVE that everything is F-R-E-E. Yes, friends. Free.

Love. Moda Bake Shop 'Recipes'

I found the Lawn Chair Quilt a while back and have had it all bookmarked and ready for making a baby quilt, but really haven't done much more than the bookmark. One of my girlfriends from high school just had a baby. A Valentine's Day baby girl!!! This baby is destined to be a tom-boy with a mom that is a Sand Dune Champion Racer, so I didn't want it to be too girly. I figured a bright blues and pinks combo could be super fun AND I used more of my stash!!!

Here's the idea of the pattern:

and here is what I came up with (a much smaller version as I was only going crib-size vs anything any bigger):
Look, it's a Michonne-tree.. Those are my knees :) I ended up using a white with tan Peter Cotton Tail-type fabric as the background (starting to run out of white in the old stash...). I think it turned out pretty cute. Not to girly and not to masculine. Now I just need to figure out what kind of cute border I can get on this one STAT! I am kind of thinking a wide, plain border (with blues and pinks somehow).

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to make this crib sized

    ReplyDelete