Monday, January 31, 2011

P.S. I Quilt Along - Postage Stamp Finished Top

I love Paramore
 I finally finished up the top to the P.S. I Quilt along Postage Stamp quilt. I am really, really happy with how it turned out AND very happy that I got to use up a big portion of my stash. Now I am working on getting creative regarding a border. I think that a bunch of the gals on the flickr group (http://www.flickr.com/groups/thepostagestampquiltalong/) are not going to be adding a border to their quilts, but I really love borders. I think that they make a quilt look truly finished, so I am brainstorming here! I am so happy with how it turned out that I am going to give this to my best friend :) She's a blue fan, so I'm thinking this will be right up her alley.

Finished Top - held by hubby

Unhappy hubby... I was taking too long to take the picture.
The hubs was getting impatient - I ended up having him hold it for too long and his arms got tired - so he gave me his exasperated face. It was windy and I wanted a good shot of the front!

Current projects include finishing up the border for this pretty little postage stamp quilt, working on blocks for a Siggy Swap that I am playing around with, a baby quilt for one of my girlfriends from high school, brainstorming up an idea for another gal-pal whose baby is due in May, AND thinking about joining another quilt-along (I KNOW!!).

The new quilt-along is a cute solid quilt tutorial: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1573469@N24/ 
and of course I love the pink colorway (beautiful!! and perfect for a baby!!) I only have black and white solids in the house right now :( So maybe I'll follow along in the background and build this on my own with prints :)

Off to go create something pretty for the Siggy Swap!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment